Sew Me Silly!

A Little of this and a little of that and before you know it there is more than you can do! Join me in a quest to save myself........

Sunday, September 5, 2010

No Power for the day!

What an interesting but long day. I awoke shivering about 5am and realised the power had gone down. here it is, 8: 54 and I have must had the power returned- well about thirty minutes ago. I am sooooo relieved. I had already gone to bed and was not enjoying the fact that a cup of tea had not happened today - so addicted to caffeine!!!!!!

I did , however, get through some hand sewing UFOs. All the tee shirts are now finished. I am feeling quite chuffed. I also hemmed the bindings on to two sides of a quilt begun in 1992/3. I will try and finish this week and will have completed a really really big UFO.

Five size 0 suits, five size 00 and four size 000 ( sold one last week.
They look so cool all set out. The little babushka is sweet. Might have to do more of those when I catch up with the rest of the UFOs.

So, in effect, I finished ten tees. I am back on track - woo hoo -t!


100 - 7 - 1 - 2 - 3 -1 - 3 -1-0-7 -1 -3 -10 = 61 with 86 days to go. Sounds good but the big things are coming up, the two quilts that need binding and the two quilts that need  finishing in terms of piecing then quilting. I finished off the piecing of one other quilt that needs quilting now and finished echo quilting a laptop. I will hopefully get all of these done in the next 86 days as well as finish of the embroideries and other bits and pieces still sitting in the box. I had better get onto the scarves as they will not sell soon; it will be summery before we know it.

The day was a little desperate for me. I rely on the food business for sustenance - hate cooking and with the need ( or excuse) to keep  the house spotless avoid even purchasing food. The fact that no businesses were open anywhere today caused me minor panic. Finally found a takeaway at Surf Beach who, despite not having power, put on the gas and cooked hot chips, hamburgers and steak sandwiches. For the first time in a long time I had a steak sandwich with the lot - all the gooey pineapple, egg and bacon. Regretted as always afterwards but oh so good in the moment.

Now  I will have to eat healthy for a few days to make up for the grease!!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your night. I am going to fill up on tea and enjoy.

Be back tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment