Sew Me Silly!

A Little of this and a little of that and before you know it there is more than you can do! Join me in a quest to save myself........

Monday, August 23, 2010

Tonight's Pleasures

Well it has taken some time, interspersed with strawberries and cheesecake, phone calls from my youngest daughter sharing her Sociology essay and drinking Chai tea.


I finished a tee shirt, an order from Carol. Little owls on a tee shirt for a friend's newborn. I have stitched around the seam lines to keep to her brief of making it 'boyish'. One of the fifteen I ironed appliques onto on the weekend so constitutes as a finish.


Buttonholed owls. Quite cute I think. 93 minus 1 = 92 things to go in 99 days!

I stuffed an owl!

Here is the little owl from last night. I just love the doily wings. This owl will be hard to give away.

SEWLED THIS LITTLE GUY TODAY !

I finished the bag! Love it!

Just love a touch of vintage and retro.  Olive/Lime pure wool felt trimmed with grey felt. Lining is opposite colourway. The doily is another op shop find, beautiful lavender and lemon pansies embroidered onto cream linen with fine crocheted edge.  The deep purple wool felt flower is embroidered and features vintage button trim The bag is hand stitched and embroidered. Lining is machine stitched. I really enjoyed making this bag. Cutting full  circles of felt and then cutting the handles out. The original idea was to leave raw edges but I ended up folding in, next one will be a square one piece, still have so much felt to use up.


 So that is my night. I feel like I have had a sewsessful evening and have so enjoyed seeing the finished products. 

100 - 7 - 1 - 2 = 90 items to go and have 98 days from tomorrow. Just as well I am ahead as the quilt plans for the weekend might take me a day or week or so to get finished off. 


Time to end the day. Half an hour of sitting back and thinking about tomorrow night's projects. Stuff at least one more owl of course- so many to get done - and think I will get the little blackbird appliqued onto a cushion front.  Have a good day tomorrow.

Look forward to hearing from you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment